Forums on Asteroid and Lunar Mining and Space Colonization
The Forums have been developing since relaunched in 2009, with thousands of posts by the general public.
You are welcome to participate. Just click on the link below.
We are looking for a technical person (PHP/MySQL) to help migrate us to later forum software.
The PERMANENT Forums
You can either:
Go straight to the PERMANENT forums
Read the brief guidelines to participation
Read more about ConferenceMail
History and future
NOTICE: On July 17, 2009, new forums were started.
Click here to go to the PERMANENT Forum.
Now we need moderators to help us manage these forums. We also want a programmer (PHP/MySQL) to help us customize the forums further. We are using a most popular and highly rated forum software package, vBulletin. It shouldn't take much of someone's time, but the person's reliability must exceed a transient enthusiasm. If you are seriously interested, then please contact us via the Contact form.
Since 1996, we have been thru several "Forums" / "Messageboards" / "Conferences". This time, starting on July 17, 2009, the messagebase is being stored as a database which can be easily exported to any format, imported elsewhere, and archived for the historical digital record. Whatever you post can go down in digital history from now on, so I suggest you register in your real name and go down in history as on the right side of responsibility in your generation.
The forum is intended as a public forum for discussion. Anyone may feel free to post a message -- you don't need to be a member of PERMANENT. However, the moderator reserves the right to move messages. The "serious" ones may be kept forever for future reference, whereas non-serious ones will be moved to the "novices & newcomers" forums and may not be kept for a long time. We will delete objectionable messages, of course.
Please follow these guidelines when posting in the PERMANENT forums:
- Messages should be relevant to PERMANENT's mission, namely the near-term, commercially economical and technically feasible utilization of asteroids near Earth (including Near Earth Objects, or NEO's) and the Moon for near-term products and services, as covered on the website. This does NOT include such things as terraforming Venus, Dyson spheres, and other distant future topics. It also does not include utilization or colonization of Mars, though it can include Phobos and Deimos as potential resource sites, and orbital infrastructure which can assist in later Mars colonization. Mars itself is not a goal of PERMANENT. Messages that are outside the scope of PERMANENT will usually be moved to the "Off-topic" board within the "Novices and newcomers" section, or else deleted without comment by the moderator.
- Please be careful to post messages in the appropriate forum. For example, messages on the topic of growing food in space which are applicable to lunar bases, asteroid outposts and orbital habitats should be put in section on space habitats and colonies, not in the lunar section or any other section. The moderator can move them to the appropriate forum, but would appreciate it if you'd post them there in the first place.
- Please review the relevant textual materials on this website before posting a message. Messages may be deleted if they are already answered in the text on the website.
- Messages are not deleted over time if they remain relevant, i.e., there is no automatic deletion.
- Messages may be absorbed into the text materials elsewhere on this website, and the message author may be cited where appropriate unless they specifically request otherwise.
- Links to other sites, including links to graphics images on other sites, may be included in messages (if you type in the correct URL). PERMANENT does not see itself as competing with other organizations and individuals, but as helping them, as long as their purpose or a particular subtopic is reasonably related to PERMANENT.
- Please follow the regular rules for other kinds of conference mail, such as no flames and maintaining civility. Violators will usually be removed without comment.
Enjoy the messagebases, and help others to enjoy and get the most out of them!
Click here to go to the forums!
PERMANENT.com > Forums
Reasons to do something yourself:
- It will help save life on our special planet -- be part of the solution in your generation.
- It will create and secure a better future for your children and grandchildren.
- It could be an interesting, cool, and a fun adventure for your life!
You can join us and volunteer to help out,
... or ...
If you're short on time, you can just donate:
The Permanent Space Development Foundation, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
If you would like to make a quick donation to our humanistic cause,
then please click on one of the buttons below (which go to PayPal).
... or by cryptocurrency (which is NOT tax deductible), you can donate into any of these wallets:
... or ...
Suggest this website to other people and organizations.
To get updates on PERMANENT (occasional, not frequent), get on our mailing list.
For general or specific e-mail regarding PERMANENT, please use our Feedback page.
Leave information about yourself in our people, companies, and organizations database.
If you are interested in hiring our expertise, anywhere in the world, please contact us.
We have people in the USA and Thailand, and can travel or consult by internet.
You can call anytime, 24/7, at +66-8-1135-7977
Text by Mark Prado, Copyright © 1983-2019, All Rights Reserved.
Many website artistic design elements by Sam Fraser, Copyright © 1999-2019, All Rights Reserved.
Except where specifically stated otherwise,
Copyright © 1983-2019 by Mark Evan Prado, All Rights Reserved
P rojects to E mploy R esources of the M oon and
A steroids N ear E arth in the N ear T erm
please see our
For PCs, this righthand
side has a floating menu,
but if your tablet
or your PCs web browser
do not run
then you must
-- navigate --
using the Site Map above.