Welcome to PERMANENT

Greetings from the PERMANENT team

Moderator: smccann

zaaz

hello everyone

Post by zaaz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 am

name: zaaz

hello everyone, i am zaaz. i have been a lurker of this place for a long time but now i am finally posting. long story short sometimes it feels like i am a space geek first and a person second haha. i do not know why but i just wanna go out there, looking at the sky at night makes it even worse lol. it is beautiful but makes me wanna go out there more. i am glad i can talk about space stuff without looking like i am crazy. from my lurking, i see that this place is a very nice, welcoming bunch of people, :) . i hope we can have great discussions here and most of all get each other involved in space related things some how. i am not a technical person but i get tired of watching space related news while i just sit there not doing anything. so last year i have decided to start my own hackerspace so i can gather around people locally here, especially people who might be into rocketry. basically, its a way i can learn new skills and do space related projects with other more knowledgeable people. yeah, it is not lunar mining or prospecting asteroids or space settlement. but i am not a rich person, but hey at least i am getting involved with something and given some time i bet i can do some space related things with others.

let me explain what a hackerspace is. it is basically an open workshop. there is a space with tools and people pay monthly to all use those tools. each hackerspace is different. we have all the tools, we just do not have a dedicated place yet. one of our options is to go to kickstarter or indiegogo to get some extra help and boost which should be enough for us to make this self-sustaining, i have seen similar ideas on kickstarter and indiegogo get funding there.

i just wanted to share this because there might be people here that might have felt the same way. they wanna be active and do things, so maybe this might help and they can make a open workshop around them, if they want. just something to think about.

my hackerspace website url is http://www.dfwmakersclub.org

when it comes to intros, i usually write about my present happenings. i guess i will end it here. looking forward to all the conversations here :) .

Rhyshaelkan

Post by Rhyshaelkan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here, and look forward to more posts.
I am not a professional. I am a rational amateur who dreams about humans going into space.

Engineer
Location: United states of america (if that really means anything)

Boo

Post by Engineer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:40 am

Happy Halloween
:cool:
“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.”
― Plato

Alanc

Hello

Post by Alanc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello Mark,
Glad to see you are still trying to make the world aware of the possibilities of the near future. :)

AlanPlanetary

Post by AlanPlanetary » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Hello all,

Well you know what I'm doing posting here, I just registered anew. Not a bad policy if I do say so myself.

I'm interested in slinging around ideas. I've found myself gravitating toward space colonization after starting about talking so-much about engineering and physics topics. Ultimately, it's one direction where we have huge potential and little progress. I like to keep my arguments to the real fundamental fundamentals.

Rhyshaelkan

Post by Rhyshaelkan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Always nice to have another voice to chat about things. Welcome to the forum.
I am not a professional. I am a rational amateur who dreams about humans going into space.

JCO

Hello from the future

Post by JCO » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:47 pm

I have been a regular member of the future timeline forum for some time and have wanted to discuss space colonization more. I notice that many of the threads are rather old but I hope to find this is still an active community.

Rhyshaelkan

Post by Rhyshaelkan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 am

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the stay. I need to update the SpaceX subforum by leaps and bounds. Lots of good stuff happening with them.

Butterbutt

Post by Butterbutt » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Hello space people.

I'm just a nerd running a stupid pen and paper rpg with some friends with a space setting. Because I'm obsessed with "realism" it's lead to hours and hours of research on space travel, asteroid mining, "space economics", orbital colonies and basically everything covered on this site. Does it matter if the description of a nickel separation centrifuge and processing station is totally accurate in a game? Apparently it does to me :(

Rhyshaelkan

Post by Rhyshaelkan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:29 am

Welcome to the forum. Do ask away any questions you might have. If you cannot find a place for your question, we always have an off-topic area to discuss random things about space.