What *You* Can Do to Help

First private sector mission concepts, potential revenue streams, what various companies and organizations are doing along these lines, <b>closely</b> related topics

Moderator: smccann

Engineer
Location: United states of america (if that really means anything)

Post by Engineer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:27 am

2. Using the LTVT program, pictures from the NASA LROC narrow angle camera can be overlaid onto the topographic images. This also requires processing power that my computer doesn't have. Also, there are issues with getting the images to match the contours precisely. Once the available pics are aligned, they could be combined together in a composite image of the area.

I didn't want to quote the whole thing so I copied and pasted. I was wondering what the LTVT program does and I'd suggest you using Bryce 7 studios for a 3d rendering of your design. I know next to nothing about computers, so I don't know if its compatable with the program you were talking about, but the 3d creations it makes can be used in DAZ 3D studios and animated from there. A rather nice program for free with lots of free models, though you can design your own with the bryce. (unfortunatly you had to pay for that program if you wanted to save the files). And I can't wait to try out the Sim. I thought I looked every where. Thanks
:cool:

And I was just wondering what the cost of a falcon 9 heavy would be.
Last edited by Engineer on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.”
― Plato

joertexas

Post by joertexas » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Information on LTVT can be found here. I now have a much faster computer, so I can actually generate 3D images from the LRO's LOLA data files. :D

The Falcon Heavy (renamed to drop the 9 part) costs about $100-125 million per launch.

JR

stevend

Post by stevend » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Just ran across an animation at the bottom of this page:
http://www.chadgriffinmedia.com/solutio ... -go-rocket
which looks like it's using this data. See at around 1:30.

Moon express is one of the front runner contenders for the Google Lunar X-Prize.
-Steve

stevend

Post by stevend » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm

A new video by Astrobotic about their use of the LRO data:
http://astrobotic.net/2011/08/31/virtua ... r-surface/
-Steve

joertexas

Post by joertexas » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:27 am

[quote=""stevend""]A new video by Astrobotic about their use of the LRO data:
http://astrobotic.net/2011/08/31/virtua ... r-surface/
-Steve[/quote]

Yep. I'd like to have high resolution images of just the area around the landing site.

JR